Search This Blog

Thursday 20 September 2012

In the Spotlight

This is a vignette that I write in class and I wanted to share it on my blog. 



I feel like everyone has a chance, a chance to break free and go for our dreams. Everyone should be able to express their individuality without anyone or anything standing in there way. No one should ever feel like they are worthless and that their dreams could never become a reality. We have the choice to choose what we do with our life. What we do should be because we want to do it, not because we were pressured into it. Life's a gamble, you just have to take the chance when you have it. The world is your stage to take.  I’m waiting for my chance to break free and go for my dream. A chance to prove to the world what I could do and how I can change the world. I have been acting for nearly 5 years now. I love taking the stage and making it my own, I love performing. When I was in G6 at centre stage I was playing one of the main roles in the musical ‘HONK!’. I played drake. Yes a guy, but playing a character of the opposite gender is really good practice and is a lot of fun to do. For the role I was required to sing a solo, an entire song. I remember the feeling. I was nervous I would go off pitch, or that it didn’t sound right. But I really wanted to sing. Just sing my heart out and give it my all. The feeling. Amazing, ecstatic, and proud that I took the shot. I stay committed because it’s what I love doing. I  stay committed because I know that one day I will have my chance to show people what I can do, and what I could do. All it takes is one chance to prove to the world what you can do. The world is your stage to take. Don’t let an opportunity pass you by.



Sammie <3

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree also I LOVE acting too!

    ReplyDelete